AS/NZS 4801 / OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Certification
Minimise business risk, protect your staff and increase productivity
Managing occupational health in the organisation
These are the Standards for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Organisations can help to protect themselves and their employees by implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System. The main purpose of an OHS System is reducing workplace illness and injury. The implementation of such a System can also help your business to deal with the legal imperatives, ethical concerns and industrial relations considerations relating to workplace safety, as well as improving its financial performance.
The AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 standards
AS/NZS 4801 / OHSAS 18001 is the Australian and New Zealand Standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. The Standard sets the requirements for establishing and assessing Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems for organisations.
What is an OHS Management System?
An Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) is a System for planning and setting up processes to manage health and safety in your workplace.
An OHS Management System includes the following key areas:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- OHSMS management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
- Reduce accidents – having an OHS System in place can help reduce accidents
- Reduce costs – minimising work-related accidents will reduce the associated costs of injury, illness, death, damage to equipment, delayed deliveries, high insurance premiums and staff turnover
- Increase productivity – greater reliability and less time spent rectifying mistakes, and fewer deviations from procedure enables staff to concentrate on core business activities
- Enhance your reputation – a Certified OHS System communicates the organisation’s commitment to high performance Standards with regards to health and safety.
Our approach to Certification
Our practical, no-nonsense approach means reducing as much red tape and paperwork as possible.
Our auditors will work with you to:
- Minimise your risks
- Ensure your compliance
- Simplify your System
Our simple certification process allows you to achieve Certification to the AS/NZS 4801 / OHSAS 18001 Standard quickly and cost effectively.
Some clients who are certified to the ISO 4801 Standard need their Safety Certification extended so that their Certification is recognised in countries other than Australia and New Zealand. In order to achieve this, they seek Certification to the OHSAS 18001 Standard which can be regarded as the international equivalent of the 4801 Standard.
If you have a requirement to be Certified to the international 18001 Standard, MSC Global is able help. The cost of the 18001 Standard audit can be minimised if MSC Global is able to audit your 4801 and 18001 Systems simultaneously.
Please advise us of your needs via our Contact Us page or by calling us on 1300 592710